Welcome! We are so glad that you are taking this course
This course is Understanding the Kingdom. These lectures were originally recorded for the Vineyard Institute. Although VI is no longer operating as an educational school, we hope that the vintage teaching offered in these videos will enrich your learning and discipleship journey.
On completion of this course, you will learn how to:
- Describe the mission and message of Jesus.
- Model Jesus ministry to the world today.
- Elaborate on the three growing windows of Old Testament kingdom expectation.
- Discuss the “coming of the kingdom in the mission and ministry of Jesus” as enacted, inaugurated eschatology.
- Explain how the events of the cross, resurrection and ascension serve as supreme moments of enacted, inaugurated eschatology.
- Explain the outworking of the kingdom in the Christian life, as understood through Pauline theology.
- Justify that the Christian disciple is both called and authorized to inaugurate the kingdom as Jesus did.
- Analyse the difference between kingdom theology and various popular opposing theologies.